With this package you will be covered for:
- Damages and Accidents with reduced excess (SCDW)
- Theft Waiver with reduced Excess (STHW)
- Liability (SLI)
- Winscreen, Lights and Tire Rubers with no excess
- Personal Accident Protection
The Daily Price of this Package depends on the Category that you booked:
|CATEGORY||PRICE PER DAY ||EXCESS|
|MCMR / MCAR / ECMR / ECAR / CCMR / CCAR / IDMR / IDAR ||$30.99||$500|
|MFMR / MFAR / EFMR / EFAR / CFMR / CFAR / IFMR / IFAR / SFMR / SFAR||$31.99||$500|
|XFMR / XFAR||$32.99||$500|
SCDW: SUPER COLLISION DAMAGE PROTECTION
This protection offers the same coverage as the CDW terms in the Basic Package page, but with REDUCED excess.
STHW: SUPER THEFT DAMAGE PROTECTION
This protection offers the same coverage as the THW terms in the Basic Package page, but with REDUCED excess.
WWI: GLASS, LIGHTS AND TIRE PROTECTION
This protection product will apply to any damage that occurs to glass, lights or tires in circumstances of normal use of the Vehicle during your rental.
If, and only if, such damage occurs as a result of a collision then the cost to repair or replace glass (including sunroofs or panoramic roofs), lights or tires will be covered by the collision damage protection
What am I protected against?
If you have purchased this product you will be protected against the financial liability for damage to:
- The windscreen; or
- Any side or rear windows; or
- Lenses (reflection of light) and lights; or
- Rear view mirrors (the glassware only – not the housing) that are in or on the Vehicle if the damage occurs during your rental
- Damage to tires on the Vehicle unless it arises from any abnormal use you may make of the Vehicle
What am I not protected against?
You are not protected under this product:
- Against the financial liability for damage to the Vehicle if it arises because of willful acts or negligence that you commit whilst using the Vehicle and which causes damage: or
- For the theft, fire or vandalism
- For the administration costs we incur in handling any damage file.
What must I do to benefit from the Protection?
- Purchase it
- Comply with COSTA RICA’S Rental terms and conditions, all applicable laws and local traffic regulations when driving the Vehicle,
- Notify us within 12 hours of the date on which the incident took place and, in any event, before the end of your rental period. You must also return to us a full and complete signed Accident Report or any other document which relates all of the facts as they occurred (nature of damage to the Vehicle, the location where the incident took place, the dates and circumstances and the potential witness details). You may, of course, include any other document you believe will be useful in support of your Accident Report. .
What is the amount of my financial liability?
- If during your rental any glass or lights on the Vehicle are broken and / or any tires on the Vehicle are damaged and you have not purchased this protection then you will be liable for the full cost of the damage that is incurred by us.
- If, however, you purchase this glass, lights and tire protection by it one or in the context of the “Premium” package (and provided you have complied with the Local Rental terms and conditions and the applicable laws and road traffic regulations) then you will have no financial liability for such damage.
- If you purchase this glass, lights and tire protection in the context of the “Medium” package (provided you have complied with the Local Rental terms and conditions and the applicable laws and road traffic regulations), then the maximum you will have to pay us is the Excess amount.
PAI: PERSONAL ACCIDENT PROTECTION
This insurance, optional and additional, applies to all passengers in Europcar’s vehicle, including the driver. No excess is applied. It includes the Public Liability Policy, covering all public liability not covered by the contract, which may be generated by the car rental service offered to the insured party within national territory. It also includes the Automobile Seat Policy, which applies to the vehicle’s driver as well as the other occupants, and covers bodily injuries due to the unexpected action of any violent, fortuitous, and sudden external agent.
PAI cover is does not apply If and when a number of passengers exceeding the maximum capacity established by the manufacturer is traveling in the vehicle.
IMPORTANT: none of the Europcar protections cover damages caused by common negligence.
COMMON NEGLIGENCE examples (but are not limited to) include:
- Improper advances, which cause collisions or vehicle to flip over.
- Running over red lights, or not obeying traffic signs, which may result in collisions or vehicle, flip over.
- Driving at a higher speed than what is established by Law for the particular road the vehicle is on.
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drug consumption.
- Driving through rivers.
- Leaving keys on car doors or on the ignition while vehicle is unattended, leaving doors open or unlocked during absence.
- When the vehicle is parked in a "no parking" zone or in a place where theft or damage of the vehicle is fomented